Perhaps you are looking for something unique, helpful and meaningful for your family and friends this holiday season. Think of gifts that they will use every day and be reminded of your warmth and love. Search for something that they unwrap and all of their senses are immediately delighted!
If this is what you are looking for, I would like to introduce you to the wonders of lavender.
Our very first product was our Lavender Vanilla Organic Soap Bar. We started with organic soaps because the first product we all use in the morning can set the tone for the entire day. As you know, organics are our primary focus because we want to help you reduce or eliminate petroleum byproducts and agricultural chemicals, such as pesticides, from your daily routines in order to reduce the chemical body burden you and your family carry. We started with lavender because our daughter was little and lavender helped calm and soothe her at bedtime and added a touch of vanilla for a full-bodied warm and satisfying aroma.
At that time we really didn't know anything about the science behind lavender or the myriad benefits that lavender essential oil provides for our bodies and our minds. All we knew is that Alice benefited from it and it took me back to an experience at a lavender farm in the South of France when I was traveling by Eurorail as a student in my early 20s.
Since then we have added more lavender-based products to our Makes 3 Organics® suite of personal care. Notably, our Lavender Organic Miracle Balm has been one of our top products. Initially titled simply as Lavender Organic Body Balm, we changed its name to "Miracle" based on the feedback we were receiving from all of you.
Our customer reviews included stories of soothed eczema, reduced pimples and red spots, healed cuts and general skin improvements. We received stories of calmed nerves and better sleep.
What Are the Benefits of Lavender?
What we subsequently learned is that lavender essential oil is beneficial for use as a topical application because it is anti-microbial. It has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties. It is also beneficial because of its potent aromatherapy benefits and as a perfume or fragrance because of its soothing effect on the nervous system.
- A health tonic:
- A plant’s essential oil is the highway for its immune system, fighting bacterial, viral and fungal infections. The efficacy of essential oil properties applies to human health as well and Lavender Essential Oil is among the most potent of all plant essential oils.
- Maintains healthy skin:
- Lavender Essential Oil helps keep skin moisture balanced so it isn’t too dry or oily. This can help with eczema, dry skin and even psoriasis, relieving redness and itchy skin.
- When our skin overproduces its natural oils because of dryness or hormones, our pores become clogged and acne can form. Lavender Essential Oil relieves dryness and in addition has anti-bacterial properties which help to hell acne sores.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of Lavender Essential Oil sooths skin, reducing redness, blotchy patches and insect bites.
- Promotes hair growth, helping hair grow thicker and faster by stimulating blood flow and circulation on the scalp.
- Assists in wound healing:
- Ancient cultures used Lavender Essential Oil to treat skin abrasions, burns (including sun burn) and other skin injuries. As an anti-bacterial and anti-septic, it cleanses minor wounds, stops bacteria and helps speed healing.
- Anti-aging effects:
- As a source of anti-oxidants, Lavender Essential Oil fights free radical damage to skin caused by sun damage, environmental toxins and increased sensitivity caused by aging. With consistent use, these antioxidants help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and brown spots.
- Known as a natural anti-lice treatment by treating along the hairline regularly to prevent lice from attaching. Application on found lice will end the lifecycle of the lice and inhibit egg hatching.
- Relaxes and calms for improvement of sleep quality:
- Recommended for babies and children to calm and relax before bath and bedtime.
- Teens and adults also benefit from the calming and relaxing benefits prior to bedtime.
- Regular use can reduce feelings of anxiety, depression and fatigue.
- Reduces tension to aid in migraine relief:
- The use in massage helps relieve muscle tension and pain throughout the body.
- Inhaling Lavender Essential Oil also aids in the relief of colds, flu, asthma, sinus infections and respiratory issues.
Perfume and Fragrance
- The aroma of lavender has been desired for millennia. The intoxicating floral notes are balanced with an earthiness that both lightens and grounds its user.
- Suspended in a natural liquid or oil, direct application to the skin of Lavender Essential Oil (as opposed to synthetic fragrance), not only provides the Topical Applications, Aromatherapy Benefits, but also a lovely perfume and fragrant effect that others can share with you.
Giving the Gift of Lavender
If you are already familiar with the intoxicating aroma and healing wonders of lavender, consider sharing this knowledge and experience by giving the gift of lavender personal care. Our Lavender Forever Collection gives you a variety of possibilities to share. Enjoy the miraculous wonders of lavender essential oil mixed with truly natural and organic plant oils to balance your skin and highlight your natural radiance.
You will be remembered for it!
Kristine Sperling and the Makes 3 Organics Wellness Team
Kristine Sperling is a wellness enthusiast and co-founder of Makes 3 Organics, an organic brand dedicated to providing consumers organic alternatives to conventional personal care products. She lives in Santa Barbara, California, with her co-founder husband, Dan, their teenager, Alice, and their blue Shih Tzu, King.