Benefits of Pomegranate Oil
In the past few years, the pomegranate has been touted as a super food, but to say that's new knowledge would be a reach of truly legendary proportions. It's been well known for its medicinal and beauty benefits since ancient times and is a symbol of prosperity and abundance in many cultures. Modern scientific studies have shown that this red fruit with its juicy arils also has an abundance of health benefits with its high content of antioxidants vitamins C and K as well as being packed with up to 65% fatty acids!
Benefits of Pomegranate for Skin:
- Cell Regeneration: Pomegranates help protect the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) and helps with skin cell regeneration in the epidermis and dermis (inner layer), increasing circulation and healing the skin, aiding in tissue repair and wound healing.
- Sun Protection: They have sun protective compounds that may protect the skin against free radical damage, relieve sunburn and reduce the signs of sun damage. Pomegranate seed oil may work to protect against skin cancer because of ellagic acid, a polyphenol antioxidant found in large quantities in pomegranates, which researchers have found inhibits the growth of skin tumors.
- Anti-Aging: Pomegranates may help protect against premature aging by helping reduce the signs of skin aging caused by sun damage and exposure, such as wrinkles and fine lines. Pomegranates may also help prevent hyperpigmentation and age spots.
- Youthful Skin: Pomegranates promote smooth, firm skin by boosting collagen and elastin production and soften skin.
- Dry Skin: It is a great ingredient for skincare because it penetrates deeply into the skin. It works for most skin types, (which depends on the skin care ingredients pomegranate is combined with). Since pomegranate oil penetrates deeply into the skin, it is effective for treating dry skin. It soothes dry, cracked, and irritated skin. It contains punicic acid, an omega 5 fatty acid that hydrates and prevents moisture loss.
- Oily Skin/Combination Skin: Pomegranate oil even works for oily skin and the use of pomegranates have been beneficial for acne prone skin, to combat breakouts, reduce scarring, and soothe minor irritations.
*The statements made regarding this ingredient has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy thereof has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. The description of this ingredient is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.