Makes 3 Organics Wellness┃Benefits of Shea Butter
Makes 3 Organics® Organic Shea Butter is pure and unrefined which ensures by using our Shea Butter products you will experience all of the healing benefits this natural nut butter is known for. Ours comes from Africa and is cold pressed from the Shea Nut with out chemical extraction methods common in processed Shea Butter. Natural Shea Butter is solid at room temperature and readily melts into your skin when warmed with your hands. It has a distinctive nutty aroma which makes it easy to identify true Shea Butter.
If other Shea Butter products are a liquid lotion at room temperature and do not exhibit its distinctive aroma, then that product may not actually be Shea Butter, or it has been adulterated with synthetic processing which dilutes or even eliminates its healing properties.
Because our Shea Butter is Certified Organic by the USDA, you can be assured that it is free from agricultural, industrial and cosmetic chemicals that can dilute its efficacy and harm your skin and body.
Known as the Tree of Life, the Shea Nut Tree produces a fruit with tremendous potential. We create ultra-healing Vitamin A blends in all of our Organic Shea Butter products. From treating blemishes, to insect bites, wrinkles, crepey skin and more, this gift from nature truly delivers.
There are three main reasons* you want to use Shea Butter in your daily skincare routines:
- It Moisturizes ~ The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea Butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It is often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils.
- It Reduces Inflammation ~ Due to its cinnamic acid concentration and other natural properties, Shea Butter is anti-inflammatory. One compound in particular, lupeol cinnamate, was found to reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne.
- It Smooths Your Skin ~ Shea Butter aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying. With long-term use, many people report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
Shea Butter has been used by millennia to promote usefulness and good health. We find our products containing our Organic Shea Butter can be used universally on your skin for myriad reasons, including*:
- As a moisturizer directly on face and body
- To reduce the appearance of wrinkles, improve skin elasticity, address cellulite and relieve "crepey skin"
- Under eyes to firm skin and relieve fatigue
- As a massage butter for the entire body to maximize relaxation
- As a make-up base on face and eyes to make applications last longer
- To naturally help collagen production and minimize scarring
- To naturally soften cuticles
- After sun exposure to replenish skin and soothe minor burns and help peeling skin
- In a pregnancy salve to prevent and minimize stretch marks
- For safe and effective baby skincare
- On sore and raw noses during a cold or flu
- As a base for natural, homemade deodorants
- To protect skin from cold weather and ease frost-bite
- To treat itchy skin
- As an aide to relieve insect bites
- To reduce reactions to allergen exposure such as poison ivy and oak
- As a shaving balm for a clean, safe and soothing shave
- Treating minor skin abrasions
- Before and after strenuous exercise to reduce muscle fatigue
It's almost as if you could keep a jar of Shea Butter in your medicine cabinet as well as your cosmetics counter.
*The statements made regarding this ingredient has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy thereof has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. The description of this ingredient is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.